|Varanasi India's Holiest City - Family Holidays in Varanasi|
Varanasi (वारंनासी) is a city located in the Uttar Pradesh state of India. Varanasi is known as the City of Holy Men, where people from across India come to take a holy dip in the Ganges River. Varanasi is an ancient city located in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. Varanasi is one of India's holiest cities. It is also known as Benares (बेनारस).
The name Varanasi comes from the Sanskrit words वारणास्य vāranasī meaning “the abode of the sages”. Varanasi was previously called Kashi Vishwanath, after Shiva's incarnation as a human being here.
Varanasi is the birthplace of Hinduism and home to many temples dedicated to Lord Shiva. It was once known as Kashi and is one of the oldest cities in India. The city is known as the holiest city of Hinduism, and many people visit here to take a holy dip at the Ganges River.
There are several popular temples in Varanasi, including Kashi Vishwanath Temple (also called Banaras), Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple, Ramnagar Fort, Durga Mandir, and Harishchandra Temple.
Varanasi is known for its silk industry. The city is well-known for its textile industry, especially silk saris, and leather products. Varanasi is also home to some of the oldest universities in Asia, including Banaras Hindu University, Sanskrit College, and Gauhati University.
Varanasi has been selected as one of the best tourist destinations in India.
Family Holidays in Varanasi Tour Itinerary
Duration : 07 Nights & 08 Days
Places Covered: Delhi - Varanasi - Khajuraho - Agra - Delhi
AskMobile.in ensures a wonderful and unforgettable experience for family holidays in Varanasi. Projected as the City of Temples, Varanasi is one of the oldest living cities in the world. Located on the banks of India’s most sacred River Ganga, it is a very famous Hindu pilgrimage centre. It is also the site for Buddhism and Jainism. Dotted with several temples and many other attractions, it attracts a large number of tourists from all over the world.
Major tourist attractions in the city include Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Durga Temple (Monkey Temple), Sankat Mochan Temple, New Vishwanath Temple, Tulsi Manas Temple, Bharat Mata Temple, Ganga Ghats, Bharat Kala Bhawan, Benaras Hindu University, Manikarnika Ghat, Dasaswamedh Ghat, Harischandra Ghat, Kabir Ghat, Assi Ghat, Ram Nagar Fort, etc. Sarnath is a nearby place in Varanasi.
It is famous for Buddhist temples, archaeological museums, and stupas. Accommodation facilities in this city are excellent with the availability of several good hotels ranging from budget hotels to luxury or deluxe hotels. Do not forget to purchase Banarasi silk sarees on your holidays in Varanasi.
Day 01: Arrival in Delhi
On arrival at Delhi Airport, Holidays 4 India representative will receive you with a warm welcome and transfer you to your pre-booked hotel. Freshen up and relax at the hotel. Full Dinner and overnight sleep at the hotel.
Day 02: Delhi - Varanasi
Has your breakfast been served at the hotel? Go for sightseeing tours in Delhi visiting Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Rajghat, Qutub Minar, President House, Parliament House, Old Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate, Lotus Temple, Birla Temple, etc. Late in the evening, you will be transferred to the station where you will board the train for the overnight journey to Varanasi, the City of Temples.
Day 03: Arrival in Varanasi
Arrive this morning in Varanasi. Holidays 4 India will representative will receive you from Varanasi Railway Station and transfer you to your pre-booked well-maintained hotel. Freshen up and relax. Take an excursion trip to Sarnath to visit Buddhist temples, Sarnath Archaeological Museum, Stupas and other attractions. In time return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 04: Varanasi
In the early morning, you will be taken to Dasaswamedh Ghat. From here you will enjoy a boat cruise over the sacred River Ganges. See the living culture and tradition of the city. After breakfast at the hotel, embark on a Varanasi city tour to explore its famous temples, ghats and other attractions. Food and overnight sleep at the hotel.
Day 05 : Varanasi - Khajuraho
Have a relaxed breakfast at the hotel. In time you will be transferred to Varanasi Airport to board a flight for Khajuraho. Check in to your Khajuraho hotel, on arrival. Dinner and overnight sleep at the hotel.
Day 06: Khajuraho
After breakfast at the hotel, embark on full-day sightseeing tours of Khajuraho. Khajuraho is worldwide famous with architecturally beautiful temples. Khajuraho temples are divided into three groups namely the Eastern Group of Temples, Western Group of Temples and Southern Group of Temples. Khajuraho Group of Temples is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. Temples are noted for fine carving and exquisitely carved sculptures many depicting sensual and erotic poses of love-making couples. Due to erotic sculptures, Khajuraho temples are also called temples of love. After exploring the temple attractions of Khajuraho, return to the hotel. all Dinner and overnight sleep at the hotel.
Day 07: Khajuraho - Agra
After breakfast at the hotel, leave for Agra. On arrival in Agra, Holidays 4 India representative will transfer you to the hotel. Later, go to visit the splendid Agra Fort and the beautiful Itmad-Ud-Daullah Tomb often called the Baby Taj or the Little Taj Mahal. all the Dinner and overnight sleep at the hotel.
Day 08: Agra - Delhi - Onward
Take a battery van ride to the Taj Mahal in the morning. Visit the magnificent love monument Taj Mahal - one of the Seven Wonders of the World. In the afternoon, our driver will drop you off at the airport. In Delhi, you will be assisted to transfer to the Delhi Airport to board a flight back to your home / onward destination.
Varanasi Tourist Spots
Varanasi is the holiest city in India, known for its ghats (steps), temples, and religious sites. It is located along the Ganges River and is considered sacred due to the number of people who visit the river each day.
Ghats are steps leading down to the Ganges River. There are many different types of ghat structures including stone, brick, and concrete. These steps were built over time, starting in the 5th century B.C., to help pilgrims reach the holy waters of the Ganges.
Temples are places of worship for Hindus. Temples are often devoted to a particular deity, such as Shiva, Vishnu, or Brahma. Many temples have been around since ancient times; however, some were rebuilt after being destroyed in natural disasters or wars.
Religious sites refer to any place of worship dedicated to a specific religion. In Hinduism, these include shrines where devotees make offerings to their gods.
Holy water is water that is believed to have special powers and is used in rituals. It is not necessarily connected to any one religion.
The Ganges River runs through northern India. It flows through the states of West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, and Delhi. The river originates in Tibet and travels through Nepal before reaching Bangladesh.
The delta of the Ganges River is a region in the Indian state of West Bengal. It covers a wide area of land and consists of numerous islands and peninsulas.
Interesting Facts About Varanasi
- Varanasi is an ancient city located in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India.
- Varanasi was declared the holiest city in Hinduism in 1986.
- Varanasi is known as the City of Life because of its many temples dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- There are over 2,000 ghats (steps) leading down the Ganges River.
- The Kumbh Mela festival occurs once every 12 years at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna rivers.
- The average temperature in Varanasi is around 30 degrees Celsius.
- Varanasi is home to some of the best universities in India including Banaras Hindu University and Ramnarain Ruia College.
- Varanasi is also home to the famous Banarasi silk industry.
- Varanasi is believed to have been founded by King Bharata I who ruled from 563 BC to 483 BC.
- Varanasi is located along the banks of the Ganges river.
- Varanasi is considered to be the spiritual capital of India.
- Varanasi is often referred to as the 'City of Lights' due to the numerous candles lit on the ghats.
- Varanasi is well-known for its nightlife.
- Varanasi is not only known for being the holiest city in India, but also for its food.
- Varanasi is a city located in India. It is known for its spiritual significance and religious importance. It is considered the holiest city in Hinduism. It is believed that bathing in the Ganges River here removes sins.
- Tourists who visit the city do not stay long. Most tourists only spend 2-3 days in the city.
- There are many things to do in Varanasi. You can go for river rafting, cycling, elephant rides, and much more.
- Many people live in Varanasi. Many of them have migrated from different states in India.
- People speak Hindi and English in Varanasi.
- The best time to visit Varanasi is between October and February.
- The climate in Varanasi is hot. Summers last from March to June.
- The average temperature in Varanasi varies between 22°C to 30°C.
- The monsoon season lasts from July to September.
- The rainy season starts in October and ends in May.
- The best months to visit Varanasi are November and January.
- The best places to stay in Varanasi are Hotel Surya and Hotel Shanti.
- The best way to travel around Varanasi is by auto rickshaw.
- The local transport system includes buses, taxis, and autos.